Determining the best vision correction option for you is critical to achieve the best result. This is a decision that needs to be made by you and Dr. Mozayeni based on your eye health, your lifestyle, and your desired goals. Through the complimentary consultation Dr. Mozayeni will be able to assess these elements with you, and discuss the pros and cons of various vision correction procedures available both at our practice, as well as procedures that you have heard about during your research.
LASIK, the general term commonly used to refer to laser vision correction, is a two-step process:
- A thin flap is created near the surface of the cornea.
- The underlying tissue is reshaped with a laser.
During your LASIK consultation, there will be multiple things to consider in determining the most appropriate procedure for you. They are, but not limited to:
- How bad is your vision?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts to see far away?
- Do you wear glasses of contacts to read?
- Do you have any astigmatism?
- Do you have or are you prone to eye dryness?
- What is the shape and structure of your corneas?
- What is the thickness of your corneas?
At the conclusion of the consultation process Dr. Mozayeni will recommend one of the following:
- OptiLASIK – All-Laser Blade Free LASIK
- PRK – No Flap LASIK
- Additional testing, time, or trial to determine the best procedure at a later date
- That you not have vision correction surgery
So, are you a good candidate for LASIK? What type of LASIK is right for you? Our doctor and staff in our Charlotte office is looking forward to meeting you and helping you make that decision.