Providence Eye & Laser Specialists is unsurpassed in offering the latest technology in combination with the utmost attention to detail by a surgeon recognized as one of the top 5% of all doctors in the country.
As the first step in the LASIK process, we used to utilize the IntraLase® Laser to create a precise and thin flap of tissue near the surface of the cornea. The Intralase® Laser offered high quality results and had a long track record being approved for use in the United States since 2002. However, with advances in technology comes new opportunity. In 2010, the FDA approved the Wavelight FS200 Laser. Remaining true to his commitment to always provide the best available technology, Dr. Mozayeni reinvested in his practice and upgraded to the Wavelight FS200 Laser. The Wavelight FS200 Laser creates a more precise and accurate flap with less discomfort than the Intralase® Laser. After creating the flap, Dr. Mozayeni then uses the Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser during the second step of the procedure to reshape the cornea.
We now use the Wavelight FS200 Laser for all of our OptiLASIK procedures because it:
- Minimizes overall risk by eliminating the use of a blade for creating the corneal flap
- Creates a more precise and accurate flap than the Intralase
- Reduces the likelihood of dry eye symptoms after the procedure
- Increases the comfort level during the procedure
- Provides a custom procedure for each patient by allowing Dr. Mozayeni the ability to tailor the surgery according to the size, thickness and shape of each person’s cornea
The IntraLase® Laser has an excellent safety record; however, we feel that the Wavelight FS200 gives our patients the peace of mind that risk has been minimized as much as possible with the best possible outcome. At Providence Eye & Laser Specialists, we are dedicated to delivering our patients the very best in LASIK technology and use only the most current and proven lasers to maximize safety, comfort and provide the best possible outcome.