Types of LASIK
At the conclusion of your free consultation, Dr. Mozayeni will recommend one of the following:
- OptiLASIK All Laser LASIK
- PRK All Laser No Flap LASIK
- Monovision All Laser OptiLASIK or PRK
- Additional testing, time, or trial to determine the best procedure at a later date
- That you not have LASIK vision correction surgery
Determining the best LASIK eye surgery procedure for you is critical to achieve the best result. This is a decision that needs to be made by you and Dr. Mozayeni based on your eye health, your lifestyle, and your desired goals. Through the complimentary consultation, Dr. Mozayeni will be able to assess these elements with you, and discuss the pros and cons of various vision correction procedures available at our practice, as well as procedures that you have heard about during your research.
LASIK is the general term commonly used to refer to laser vision correction.
During your LASIK consultation, there will be multiple factors to consider in determining the best type of laser vision correction procedure for you. They include, but are not limited to:
- How bad is your vision?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts to see far away?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts to read?
- Do you have any astigmatism?
- Do you have or are you prone to eye dryness?
- What is the shape and structure of your corneas?
- What is the thickness of your corneas?